There is a firmware update available for all RECONYX RapidFire Cameras. If you want to be sure you have the most current firmware with all the latest features and performance enhancements, you should load this firmware onto your RapidFire cameras.
To determine if this firmware update is appropriate for you...
Go to the "Camera Info" option on your camera and see which version of firmware is currently loaded on your camera. The top line of the Camera Info display will look something like this: V:188.8.131.5290112. The last 8 digits of the first line are the release date of the firmware (The current version is V:184.108.40.20611024).
Follow these steps to update your camera:
- Save this RapidFire firmware update file to your computer (Reconyx1.bin).
- Locate the file on your computer and copy it to a blank CF card.
- With the camera turned OFF... Insert the CF card into your camera.
- Turn the camera ON and it will automatically update itself.
- While updating, the camera will flash the walktest LED rapidly and display "UPDATING" on the LCD panel for a few seconds. After updating, the camera will delete the file and boot like normal.
- Repeat Steps 2-4 for each camera you need to update.
Along with the new Firmware is a new RapidFire Instruction Manual, download an electronic copy now.